26 April 2009

A day in the life: wake up in the front room of 367 Leith Street, go on a field trip to the Otago peninsula and scurry around mudflats barefoot because my gumboots are in the states (and the weather is nice enough for cold feet). Step on crabs; try not to step on crabs. 
Do laundry and hang it on the line, because this might be the last nice day we get. And besides, I needed to wash my jacket ASAP since I dripped maple syrup on it (and my carton of eggs, and my pants) when I got a maple syrup crepe at the farmers' market yesterday, and now it's sticky and unwearable. 
Walk through the botanic gardens to the grocery store to buy a red pepper to go with the sweet corn I got at the farmers' market in a soup (dinner); hurry across Dundas to the final block of Leith before home (and the sun is setting, sunset is getting so early, now).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what inspiring curtains! i can see the spicy-sweet breeze (that i imagine existing in n.z.) yeah

Anonymous said...

no, not spicy-sweet. in bornholm, the forest was full what must be allium plants because it smelled oniony--and with the sea and the forest--and n.z. having that too--i'm thinking this: salty-onionsweet. yeah?