06 January 2013

Well, I'm off in the morning to Norway. Or--I'm off in the morning to Logan International, and in the evening to Norway by way of Iceland. Either way. It's a bit difficult to believe, really, which may be why I've been a bit lackadaisical about packing. I pulled up this post, from January 2009 (four years ago!), when I was also ruminating on what I needed for upwards of five months on another continent. No easy answers to that question--I still feel like it should be less. But then it's really important that I bring all these sweaters. 

Anyway. The real point is that soon I'll be driving down this street, past the falling down barn (pictured) and the other falling down barn (not pictured) and I won't be back 'til summer. Here we go again (what else is there to say, really? This is the third time this blog has seen me off to parts unknown. The feeling remains the same: a little bit bittersweet, a little bit hopeful, a little bit excited, a little bit 'what have I gotten myself into this time?'). 

No comments: