24 November 2013

Tomorrow morning I get to board a plane headed south, and then another couple planes headed west to North America for Thanksgiving and Christmas. No matter how excited I am for the holidays, it makes me a little tired just thinking about the time I will spend sitting on the floor in airports, standing in line at customs, trying to sleep without reclining my chair. And, beyond that, it's strange that over the course of one day (albeit extended by time zone shifts) I can hop from Norway to Iceland to America. And then I'll do the whole thing in reverse in January, as my life continues to be split between these two countries (I don't know how many times I've said, "Oh, I have that in America": a car, snowshoes, a bike). 

But, all my globetrotting quandaries aside, we're slaloming into the holiday season, and that's something, isn't it? And I'm glad I'll be back in the U.S. for that, because Norway doesn't really know how to do pie. 

No comments: