23 June 2010

Today I wanted to go kayaking, but the sky kept threatening rain (and it did, occasionally, rain) so my desires went unfulfilled (but tomorrow! tomorrow will be glorious). So I road my bike less than a mile to investigate a mysterious park-like location (it turned out to be a rode for Yellowthunder, a chief of the Ho-Chunk Tribe who lived from 1774-1874), loafed around with a book, and watched "180° South" on Netflix. I enjoyed the movie more than I expected to, so I recommend it to you--not as something great, but as a pretty good movie that combines an environmental message with a watchable adventure story. I agree with the message, and I think it's presented in a more evenhanded, approachable manner than "An Inconvenient Truth." Added bonus: see "180° South" in conjunction with "The Motorcycle Diaries," and you practically took a trip to Chile right there. It also has a pleasant (pleasant is really the only word to describe it) soundtrack with an unexpected cover of a Greg Brown song by Jack Johnson.

Also, my blog layout woes have been fixed, and I made myself a new background and header to boot. I'm not sure how I feel about the background, so that may disappear shortly, but the header is staying for sure.

1 comment:

april said...

Love the new layout, Kari! I eagerly await to read tales of your kayaking adventures...