28 July 2010




Bound Home to Mount Song

The limpid river, past its bushes
Running slowly as my chariot,
Becomes a fellow voyager
Returning home with the evening birds.
A ruined city-wall overtops an old ferry,
Autumn sunset floods the peaks.
...Far away, beside Mount Song,
I shall close my door and be at peace.

-Wang Wei

Fully moved into the new place (the water is now suitable for drinking, you'll be pleased to know), and took some time to explore the backyard and take pictures. We have wild blackberries and huckleberries--I'm hoping to steal enough from the wildlife to make jam out of both. Life is a little hectic, a little tiring, a little wonderful. I spend a lot of time wading around in mud while the chicks stare at me and wonder why I'm so slow. The other interns have dubbed me "Drunk Crane" because I keep falling over and catching myself with my crane head, which results in it being caked black with mud.

No comments: