18 August 2011

So yesterday after work I stopped by a stump on the property and picked up some mushrooms. Picked some mushrooms, actually--Chicken of the Woods, which I ate for dinner. Sauteed to a crisp in a pan with garlic, it did taste a lot like chicken.

As you can see in the picture below, I also cooked an egg. I sliced it up and put it in the bowl with the mushrooms, actually.

(A caveat, for my parents and potential mushroom hunters: Chicken of the Woods is one of the easiest edible mushrooms to identify, and this was my first time collecting them, but someone had confirmed the identity of these particular mushrooms for me already. Also, I washed the mushrooms and threw the attendant beetles out the window, and so far I seem to be fine.)

2 comments:

April said...

Wowowow! This is so cool! Finding mushrooms is a lot of fun.

A. B. Goss said...

The beetles are for protein of course, and a certain added crunchiness.